The statistical thresholds, valid from 1/1/2020 to 31/12/2020, above which businesses are obliged to submit an Intrastat statement are as follows:
According to Regulation 638/2004 of the EC (European Parliament), a business is obliged to submit an Intrastat statement when:
- It exceeds the statistical threshold of the reference year during the previous year.
For example, a company with registered arrivals of €95,000 by 31/12/2019 is not liable to an Intrastat declaration, while registered arrivals of €150,000 by 31/12/2019 would mean the need to submit a declaration within the 1st month of 2020, even if the value of good it bears is just €1.
- It exceeds the statistical threshold during the reference year.
For example, if a business has registered dispatches as below:
- January: €10.000: No need for an Intrastat statement.
- February: €40.000: No need for an Intrastat statement (Total €50.000)
- March: €45.000: No need for an Intrastat statement (Total €95.000)
- April: €60.000: Must submit an Intrastat statement (€155.000 total).
From April onwards, the business must submit an Intrastat statement for all the following months of 2020, even if the value of good it bears is just €1.
It is noted that if a business carries out dispatches, the same rule applies, following the corresponding threshold applicable to them.